Do These 'Summer Bucket List' Items Before It Ends!
Oh sweet summertime! The summer months are perfect for relaxing, vacations and spending time with friends and family. With longer daylight, we can get more done. What kind of activities did you do this summer... or hope to do? Did you get them done? It's easy to let time slip away from us. But this time is valuable!
Make sure you get all your wishes for the summer completed. Because before you know it, Fall will be here. I know, I don't mean to rush it. I just want to make sure you are making the most of your summer! So, our friends at Naturally Savvy have set you up with 19 Ideas for Your Summer Bucket List you should try...
1. Make homemade lemonade. Add a shot of gin and a splash of seltzer and you’ve got a refreshing summer cocktail – a fresh version of a Tom Collins.
2. Grow mint in a pot (mint does particularly well in containers), and when you’ve got a bunch, make mojitos.
3. Plant a pot of petunias AND resolve to trim off the dead flowers once per week to keep them bushy (as opposed to leggy).
4. Instead of packaged coconut water, try a real “fresh young coconut” – drink the water and scoop out the flesh, or put the water and the flesh in the blender for a perfect, totally fresh, totally natural smoothie.
5. Take a late afternoon nap outside.
6. Bring your yoga mat outside and do your practice outdoors. Be prepared to sweat.
7. Take your dog on a hike.
8. See Shakespeare outside – my favorite is Midsummer’s Nights Dream because it’s set in a forest, so seeing it outside feels appropriate.
9. Grill a whole fish: with capers, olive oil, garlic and a sliced fennel bulb.
10. Make a Korean Barbecue.
11. Buy sidewalk chalk and draw away!
12. Take the same chalk and make a hopscotch. Play!
13. Try paddleboarding.
14. Organize a nighttime game of flashlight tag.
15. Go camping with a tent – in your backyard if you need to start there.
16. Declare a blow-dryer embargo for the entire summer.
17. Take a one-hour break from the internet every single day.
18. Make a homemade kite.
19. Build a drip-castle – kids not necessary.
To read more from Naturally Savvy, click here!