9 Memorial Day Stories That Make Us Proud
This Memorial Day, OnlyGood TV honors our military heroes and families for their courage and sacrifice in service to our country. Their video stories inspire and remind us that we owe our thanks to them EVERY day.
1. Gold Star Moms Share The Meaning of Memorial Day
On Memorial Day, we need to remember and give thanks to all the men and women in the military who have sacrificed
and lost their lives to protect us. In this video, watch as Gold Star Moms give tribute to the memories of their lost children.
2. Operation 300 Offers Weekend Retreat For Kids of Fallen Soldiers
Operation 300, is a non-profit organization for children who have lost their fathers in military combat.
In this video, watch as these children enjoy opportunities to camp, hike, play sports, and do the fun things they would have done with their own dads with the help of other supportive role models.
3. Soldier's Memory Lives On Through The Kick Of A Soccer Ball
Bill and Shalini Madaras created Kick for Nick, a non-profit organization named for their son, that has distributed over 52,628 soccer balls across the country and the world.
In this video, watch Nick's family as they honor their son's love of soccer and his spirit of empathy for children in war-torn countries.
4. These Portraits Of Fallen Heroes Are Healing Hearts
When he returned from serving in Vietnam, Michael Reagan decided to go to art school.
In this video, watch as he uses his love of portraiture to return fallen warriors to their loved ones by drawing them.
5. A Mother's Journey To Light
After her son was killed serving in the US Army in Baghdad, Iraq, Ida Gonzalez set out to help families who have also lost
children. In this video, watch as Ida forms a group for mothers to find hope and healing in their life.
6. This Community Comes Together In A Beautiful Way To Honor Fallen Soldiers
Every two years Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield, Connecticut displays thousands of flags in honor and remembrance of
the nearly 7,000 American men and women who've fallen in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
In this video, see what makes this truly amazing site possible!
7. This Veteran Is Spreading Patriotism Through American Flag ArtFlags of Valor was launched by Air Force veteran, Brian Steorts, who wanted to create American flag artwork. In this video, watch
as Brian and his team of veteran artisans raise spirits by donating pieces to the families of fallen heroes.
8. Gold Star Mothers Honor Their Departed Soldiers By Joining Motorcycle Gang
Over 300 Bikers take an annual drive to raise funds for American Gold Star Mothers, a nationwide organization that supports women who have lost a child defending our country. In this video, watch how these mothers and their families and friends celebrate the memories of their sons in a very unique way.
9. Widowed Marine Wife Builds Fitness Clothing Line To Help Vets
When Brittney Hogan lost her Marine husband, Hunter, and was left a widow at age 22, her world fell apart. When she started
running to cope with her anger, she was inspired to create Virago Fitness, an affordable workout apparel brand.
In this video, watch how Brittney's venture benefits veterans and the USO.
Check out our website at OnlyGood TV for more inspirational stories like these!