14 Science-Backed Ways You Can Benefit From Spending Time Alone
Dedicating alone time can have amazing benefits in your life as you release any worries of pleasing others and focus entirely on yourself. Whether you are learning a new skill, mastering your craft or simply relaxing after a long day, spending time alone can benefit you in many ways. Here are 14 reasons why you should consider spending more time alone:
1) Meditate - Read the fourteen scientifically proven ways meditation rewires your brain for happiness, peace, and success here.
2) Breathe - Deep breathing reduces the stress response and anxiety in your body.
3) Think - Solitude is reported to help the unconscious to process and unravel problems.
4) Create - Individuals who spend time alone are able to think creatively and develop new ideas.
5) Read - Reading a novel may cause changes in resting-state connectivity of the brain therefore improving function.
6) Listen - Listening to music has been found to lower the production of the stress hormone cortisol in the brain.
7) Write - Journaling for 20 minutes a day helps adults heal faster after a necessary procedure.
8) Reflect - Studies show that reviewing your progress helps improve effectiveness in process.
9) Hike - After spending 4 days immersed in nature, 56 adult participants experienced improved performance on a creative problem-solving task by 50%.
10) Plan - Research shows that when using intentional language when setting goals has a positive impact on achieving them.
11) Sleep - Research suggests a 90-minute nap can improve associative memory and could benefit the brain's hippocampus region.
12) Exercise - The risk for dementia is lowered by regular exercise and increases the size of of the anterior hippocampus, which improves spatial memory.
13) Work - It was found that making progress in your work is the easiest way to improve your work day.
14) Imagine - A study found that daydreaming can lead to increases in productivity and creativity.
Here's the full infographic from GetVoip.com.