10 Facts About Sleep To Awaken Your Mind
Ahh, sleep. It's one of the most important activities you can do all day. When you're taking care of a family, working late, or need to recharge, how can you make time? We've compiled a list of the 10 biggest reasons why it's so vital to catch up on your Z's! Happy snoozing!
1) Babies need 16 hours of sleep while adults only need 6-8 hours.
2) We naturally feel tired at 2:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
3) Our bodies need sleep more than they need food.
4) Humans are the only mammal that intentionally delay sleep.
5) The average person wakes up about six times per night.
6) While sleeping our brain recharges and cells repair themselves.
7) Parasomnia is a sleep condition that causes you to do unnatural movements.
8) The average person spends 6 years of their life dreaming.
9) You can only dream about faces you have already seen.
10) Within 5 minutes of waking up 50% of your dreams are forgotten.
This HooplaHa Original was edited by Andrew "Oz" Osborne. Want more HooplaHa Originals? Check out our YouTube channel -- and don't forget to smile!