Top 10 Reasons To Love The Number 44
We thought it might be fun to take a look at the number 44 since Barack Obama has just been elected the 44th president of the United States. Here are our top 10 reasons to love (or at least take note of) The Number 44:
2. The Number 44 is a "happy" number. Really! Look: "A happy number is defined by the following process. Starting with any positive integer, replace the number by the sum of the squares of its digits, and repeat the process until the number equals 1 (where it will stay), or it loops endlessly in a cycle which does not include 1. Those numbers for which this process ends in 1 are happy numbers, while those that do not end in 1 are unhappy numbers (or sad numbers)" Who knew?! 44 is a happy number, so it's definitely a HooplaHa number! (SOURCE)
3. Syracuse University: "The Legend of 44" -- "Syracuse University officially retired one of the most storied numbers ever associated with a college football program — #44 — on Saturday, November 12, 2005. Since 1954, 11 players have worn the number and three earned All-America honors. The three most famous #44s — Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little — certainly rank among the finest running backs to ever play the game."(SOURCE)
4. 44 is the country code for London. As the Clash would say: London calling!
5. 44 is a mysterious number! The Polish national poet Adam Mickiewicz in his masterpiece dramatic poem Dziady (Forefathers): In scene 5 of act 3, the priest Piotr announces a "reviver of the nation" who is to bring back the lost freedom of Poland, and describes him with these words:
- Born from a foreign mother, his blood of ancient heroes,
- And his name will be forty and four.
7. VIcks 44. It's winter here in the Northeast already. Need we say more?
9. Reggie Jackson and Hank Aaron. 44 is a hitter's number!