Simple Healthy Eating Habits
Behavioral Scientist Brian Wansink spoke with the author of "The Happiness Project" Gretchen Rubin in her latest blog post on simple suggestions to help keep you slim.
1. Serve vegetables first - This way you are more likely to eat more veggies and eat less carbs and starches.
2. Make your plate and keep the main dish away from the table. We are all guilty of being lazy sometimes and this tip plays to that. This strategy helps you keep better track of what you are eating because you are more aware of how much and what you are putting into your plate.
3. Use a smaller plate. This helps trick the mind into thinking there is more food on the plate. Plus American Plate sizes are constantly growing.
4. Sit with people. Being mindful of what you eat is half the battle. Sitting in front of the TV or computer is a distraction, if you sit at a table with other people you are more likely to make better choices.
5. Don't set yourself up for failure. Keeping tempting sugary drinks and treats will make you more likely to eat them, if they aren't around then you won't be tempted to eat them.
6. Clutter is your enemy. The more organized you are the clearer your decisions will be.
7. Keep snacks together. Place them in the most inconvenient place possible. Doing so will help you stick to good habits.
Check out more of Gretchen's tips at her site!