Saint Bernard Saves Family From Danger In Home
Doree is a Saint Bernard from Oklahoma City who saved her family from what could have been a house explosion. Jack Damrill, Doree's owner, was woken up by his whining dog in the middle of the night and no matter what he did, she wouldn't stop or let him go back to sleep.
Soon after, Damrill heard his cats meowing very loudly and he smelled something strange, so he decided to walk into the kitchen to investigate. He found that one of his stove burners had been left on and that t was starting to fill their house with natural gas. He called 911 and everyone evacuated the house.
"The firefighters were talking and they said, 'Well, the worst-case scenario is your house could have been ended up in match boxes across the street. Which means, it would have blown up," Damrill said.
Not only did Doree save the family from a potential explosion, but she saved them from possibly asphyxiating in their sleep.
Damrill said that Doree with be rewarded for her heroic actions.
"I think we're going to buy a big old steak for her because she likes food and I think she deserved a steak tonight, no doubt about it," Damrill said.
H/T Woman's Day