Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes That Inspire Change
Today we celebrate a man who changed the world with his words. Martin Luther King, Jr. was many influential things including an American pastor, activist, humanitarian, and most notably the leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. Through his passion, dedication and words he was able to shine a new light on equality for all people. Below are some of my favorite quotes by MLK Jr; who's words will continue to improve the world.
1. “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
3. “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"
4. “We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools." (my favorite)
5. “No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for."
6. “Everybody can be great ... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love."
7. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
8. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
9. “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
10. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way."
To read more quotes, visit InternationalBusinessTimes