17 Quotable Quotes For Thanksgiving Toasts
Thanksgiving is all about being thankful, and this is one of those secular holidays that everyone can celebrate.
That best-selling book, the Bible, tells us that today and every day we should:
Let our hearts overflow with thankfulness. (Colossians 2:7)
1) "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." — President John F. Kennedy
2) "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." — Frederick Keonig
3) "Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." — W.T. Purkiser
4) "Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart." — Seneca
5) "Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in." — Phillips Brooks
6) "Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." — E.P. Powell
7)"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." — Frederick Keonig
8) "Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow, which may mean every day, or once in seven days, at least." — Edward Sandford Martin
9) "Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings." — J. Robert Moskin
10) "There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American." — O. Henry
11) "It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast." — W.J. Cameron
12) "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." — Melody Beattie
13) "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." — Thornton Wilder
14) "None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy." — Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
15) "Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks—I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night." — Irving Berlin
16) "Our rural ancestors, with little blest,
patient of labour when the end was rest,
indulged the day that housed their annual grain,
with feasts, and off'rings, and a thankful strain."
— Alexander Pope
17) "He who thanks but with the lips
thanks but in part;
the full, the true Thanksgiving
comes from the heart."
— J.A. Shedd
Happy Thanksgiving! Let your hearts overflow with thankfulness and smiles.
Story Credit: Spark Presentations