10 Festive Facts About Thanksgiving Foods
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, we are all getting excited! Not only do we get to spend time with loved ones, give thanks, and make memories; but we get to eat a delicious feast! My mouth has been watering for a week already. To further get you in the mood, here are some facts about your favorite Thanksgiving foods.
1) There are over 600 types of apples in the world.
2) Oliver Cromwell banned pie, calling it a "Pagan form of pleasure".
3) A row of corn always has an even number.
4) 20 million metric tons of cheese is produced each year.
5) The potato was the first vegetable grown in space.
6) The oldest pumpkin seed dates back 10,000 years.
7) Cranberries are ripe when they bounce.
8) Almonds are members of the peach family.
9) The term sandwich was named after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich.
10) 280 million turkeys are sold each year for Thanksgiving.
Did you know any of these crazy food facts?!