How To Make A Watermelon Granita - Cook With Peter
This 10-year old chef can make you a superstar in the kitchen!
Cook with Peter on HooplaHa.com features simple recipes kids love to eat and make! In this video, Chef Peter prepares Watermelon Granita, a refreshing 2-ingredient dessert perfect for summer (or anytime really)! He even offers a tip on how to pick the best watermelon!
1 1/2 watermelon
Cut the watermelon in cubes. Drizzle a whole lime in the blender. You can add zest of lime for intense lime flavor (optional). Pour the fruit mix in a glass container of any size and put in the freezer for 8-24 hours. After it is frozen, scrape granita into icy flakes with a fork. Serve in a nice bowl, fun glass, or eat right out of the pan!
Chef Peter also notes that you can use any fruit of your preference or frozen coffee drizzled with condensed milk on top...HmmmYUM!! To see more OnlyGood COMMUNITY videos, visit us at: http://bit.ly/OnlyGoodTVYTCOMMUNITY
To make an adult version of this drink (aka a Margarita Granita), follow the directions below!
Spoon granita into salt-rimmed glasses, cocktail style. Rub rims with a lime wedge (or dip in water); then dip in a shallow bowl of coarse salt.6 hours 10 mins10 mins6TOTAL TIMEPREPSERVINGS
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- 1. In a medium saucepan, cook 3 3/4 cups water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in lime zest and juice, tequila, and orange juice. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Pour mixture into a shallow dish; cool, then cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 6 hours or overnight. Using the tines of a fork, scrape mixture until flakes form. Freeze (covered) until ready to serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Chilling the dish in the freezer before pouring in the lime mixture will help the granita freeze faster.
Source: Everyday Food, May 2005
Welcome to OnlyGood.tv! (Formerly HooplaHa - Only Good News) - It's a Positivity Movement.
We at OnlyGood TV believe that positivity will change lives for the better. We strive to be the hopeful voice that recognizes people are good & out there doing good things for their communities and society at large. We tell the stories of the individuals and organizations that inspire and motivate us, and fuel the Positivity Movement.
Watch an exclusive collection of stories featuring PETS, FAMILY, WELLNESS, and COMMUNITY, including unique series and Live Specials that shine a spotlight on everyday people, making the world a better place. #chefpeter #kidwhocooks #funrecipes #OGTV
Visit us at: https://www.onlygood.tv/
Like us on the OnlyGood TV - Hooplaha Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hooplaha/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/onlygood.tv/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/onlygoodtv