Artists Hand-Paint Signs For The Homeless
Behind each sign is a story. Nakayama and Hope asked each of their subjects to share their name, age, and how they became homeless. Click the link above to find out more about the people below:
1. Bobbi, Age 52. homeless since 2011.
2. Alberto. Homeless for 20+ years.
3. Angela Douyon-Previlon. Homeless for four years.
4. Dana Robinson, Age 64. Homeless for three years.
5. Frank, Age 74. Homeless for 22 years.
6. Jim, Age 58, homeless since he was 16.
7. Susan J., Age 46. She and her family have been homeless for 18 months.
8. Rudolf West, Age 63. Homeless for eight years.
9. Mike a.k.a. “The Pope of Harvard Square," Age 57. Homeless since 2009
10. Jimmy Sunshine, Age 31. Homeless for four years.
12. Colleen, Age 20. Homeless for three years.
Source: Signs for the Homeless