A Celebration For Turkeys On Turkey Day!
Happy Turkey/Thanksgiving Day! We wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with food, family, friends, and loved ones!! Gobble, gobble!
Every year the Farm Sanctuary of Watkins Glen, New York hosts A Celebration For The Turkeys to honor and give thanks to the animals who call the Farm Sanctuary home. This year's celebration will take place on November 18th and 19th and the activities will include:
- open sanctuary time — spend quality time interacting with the cows, sheep, goats, turkeys, chickens, and pigs who call Farm Sanctuary home!
- a Feeding of the Turkeys ceremony — enjoy watching our turkey residents indulge in a delicious feast of pumpkin pie, squash, cranberries, and kale salad;
- a special pumpkin feeding to our pig residents;
- a vegan Thanksgiving feast at the Harbor Hotel, a stunning venue overlooking Seneca Lake;
- speaker presentations from leaders in the animal protection movement, including Farm Sanctuary President and Co-founder Gene Baur, National Shelter Director Susie Coston, and Eric O'Grey author, with Mark Dagostino, of the forthcoming book, Walking with Peety: The Dog Who Saved My Life; and
- a silent auction featuring animal-themed artwork, photography, jewelry, vacation getaways, gift certificates, and more!