6 Stories Of Hope And Humanity During Hurricane Harvey
In the face of disaster, it's nice to see people come together and help each other out. These are just 6 examples of people bringing back hope and humanity during Hurricane Harvey.
1) "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, Houston furniture store owner, has turned two of his stores into shelters and has organized volunteers and trucks to rescue fellow Texans from the wrath of Hurricane Harvey.
The Good That Comes With The Bad
Not only that, he's opened his mattress showroom to members of the Texas Army National Guard so they can get some rest.
2) People lined up to help rescue people and animals from the flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey.
3) Facebook, Google, Amazon match $3 million worth of donations.
Want to help Hurricane Harvey victims but short of cash? Here's how to double your donation
The tech sites are matching employee and customer donations dollar for dollar.
4) Texans with boats are patrolling neighborhoods around Houston and bringing residents stranded by flooding to safety.
5) Celebrities such as Miley Cyrus, Sandra Bullock, Drake, Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres, and Miranda Lambert (to name a few) have been donating money to support Houston in it's time of need.
6) This horse trapped in the rising flood water from Hurricane Harvey and these heroes decided to jump in to save her.
To help animals being affected by Hurricane Harvey, you can support the Humane Society Disaster Relief Fund: http://thedo.do/relief.
There are many, many more examples of all the good that the community is doing in the midst of such a tragic event. If you can't physically be there, here are more ways to help: 4 Ways To Help The Victims Of Hurricane Harvey