6 Glorious Times The Emmy Awards Made Us Smile
Neil Patrick Harris hosted this year's Emmy's, which meant we were in for half of an awards show and half of a theatrical extravaganza.
1. For his opening monologue, he was swarmed by former Emmy hosts, Jimmy Kimmel, Jane Lynch, Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien for a HOST OFF, a sneaky sabotage planned by Kevin Spacey, acting legend and apparent evil mastermind.
2, And THEN Tina Fey and Amy Poehler heckled Neil from the front row wearing 3D glasses, telling him to take his pants off and twerk. They were the epitome of comedic timing and classiness. Watch and be happy.
3. Then they took to the stage to present the first award of the night like this.
4. Merrit Weaver won the award for Best Supporting Actress in Nurse Jackie and gave the world's shortest acceptance speech known to man, and the Internet was very pleased. Here it is:
Yes, yes it does.
5. The only other speech that topped this one was Julia Louise Dreyfus's when she accepted outstanding lead actress in a Comedy series. Veep fans were no doubt pleased to see Madame Vice President and Gary in full-character:
6. And since Neil Patrick Harris is Neil Patrick Harris, there was this dance number that made the entire world become hot and bothered and want to become a professional dancer:
The second dance number, which was put together by the nominees for Best Choreography, was mind-blowingly good. The number was played out in several segments--each belonging to a specific show, which had costumes, music and movement that spoke to that show's artistic nature. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a quality video of it on the Internet yet, but it will be added to this list as soon as it surfaces.