6 Pies That'll Win On National Pie Day!
It's National Pie Day! Whether it's a dessert staple or an over-the-top Pinterest recipe, nothing beats a slice of pie! It can be comforting to go with the tastes we've known since childhood, and sometimes it's fun to branch out to new flavors. Here are 5 recipes to get your pie wheels turning...
1) Homemade Pumpkin Pie: Have you ever made pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin? Maybe this is the year to try it! Ambitious!
2) Strawberry Pie: Felicia Levinson reveals how her family's summer pastime of strawberry picking transformed into their favorite dessert.
2) Libby's Pumpkin Pie: If you'd like to make the traditional from-a-can pumpkin pie, here's the original pumpkin pie recipe from Libby's!
3) Sweet Potato Pie: A favorite around our office? Sweet! Editor's Note: Be sure to cover it with mini-marshmallows at the last second just until they melt. Sticky and delicious!
4) Karo Syrup Pecan Pie Recipe: Another traditional favorite is surely Pecan Pie. It's old-fashioned and original!
5) Bacon and Bourbon Pecan Pie: And if you're tired of the same old pumpkin and pecan pies, well here's an unusual one to try...anyone? This recipe not only has bacon on top but incorporates pulverized bacon into the crust.