38 Reasons Why Being A Grandparent Is Going To Be Awesome
When my children are blessed with little monsters of their own, I am definitely, absolutely, 100% going to...
1. Give my grandkids sugar RIGHT before bed.
2. Look at my grown children who have their own children and say "Well, you were no angel either, dear."
3. Have an endless supply of hard candy, for whatever reason.
4. Fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
5. Pretend to fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
6. Begin 80% of my sentences with, "Back in MY day..."
7. Sound like I'm chewing on something without really chewing on something.
8. Have people get things for me at the grocery store.
9. Cook a perfected recipe for my family.
10. Get lost in a store with my life partner.
11. Be sassier.
12. Wear gigantic underwear.
13. Full body bathing suits...
14. Say "Dang flabbit," every once in a while.
15. Flirt shamelessly.
16. Use my lifetime of wisdom to reassure my loved ones everything will be fine.
17. Host Christmas.
18. Let someone else host Christmas.
19. "Forget" to wear pants.
20. Have a hobby.
21. Have white hair.
22. Not let petty things bother me.
23. Encourage young people to fall in love.
24. Grow my eyebrows long enough to shelter a small bird.
25. Perfect my "Don't even think about it" look.
26. Get fussy about the size of ice cubes.
27. Refer to someone as a damn hippy.
28. Really WORK the whole grumpy-grandpa thing.
29. Organize a mass escape from a nursing home.
30. Prioritize the frivolous things in life.
31. Never give up on the true definition of the word "literally."
32. Show my grandkids their first R-rated movie.
33. Not get bored.
34. Give my kids and grandkids my old books.
35. Ask them lots of questions about themselves.
36. Tell them stories.
37. Yell things from my porch.
38. Be as much like Betty White as humanly possibly.
Don't forget to tell your grandparents you love them for National Grandparents Day this Sunday!