13 Pieces of Wisdom From Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr. was a very smart man, who knew how to motivate and inspire a whole nation. Don't miss his 13 pieces of wisdom.
1) Change: Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom.
2) The future: I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
3) Faith: Faith is taking the first step without seeing the whole staircase.
4) Hate: I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
5) Being taken advantage of: A man can't ride on you unless your back is bent.
6) Support: In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
7) Dishonesty: A lie cannot live.
8) Goodness: I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
9) Collaboration: We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish as fools.
10) Impression: I look to a day when people will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
11) Justice: An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
12) Contribution: Life's most persistant and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
13) Resolution: I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
If you loved this, don't miss MLK's famous speech, "I Have a Dream." Watch it here.