11 Reasons You Should Celebrate National Library Week
Every year, the American Library Association sponsors "National Library Week," a week for nerds, book lovers, book worms, and the like to revel in the awesomeness of reading, and show their support for the places we go to broaden our perspectives, find a quiet space to think, and feed our curiosity.
If you're a library fan, you should probably celebrate National Library Week. If you don't frequent the library, no problem. There are plenty of reasons to show your support for the business of books. For example, you probably want to celebrate if...
1. You were ever asked what your dream house would look like and you pictured this:
2. You freaked out as a kid when you heard class was going to be replaced by the next best thing to recess:
3. You're only willing to operate power tools to hang up one of these:
4. This changed your life.
5. This is why Beauty and the Beast is your favorite Disney movie.
6. Your idea of a fort involves more than bed sheets.
7. This is what constitutes a crazy Saturday night.
9. You can somehow relate to Neveah, the 12-year-old who reads 300 books a year.
10. This is how you react when someone asks what your favorite book is:
11. And when that person says "Mine too," you play it cool but inside you're like...
12. You try not to overreact but your constitution simply won't allow it and the next words out of your mouth are,
Who could blame you? Books=brains and brains=sexy. Go for it. True love, like all of life's horrifying miracles, waits for NO ONE. And neither does time, so hurry up and celebrate National Library Week before it runs out. Happy reading.