10 Sweet Facts About Candy
We love candy all year long. However, there is just something more exciting about it around Halloween and National Candy Day! The holidays are only days apart, so we wanted to give you some fun facts about your favorite candies. Did you know during World War II, American soldiers were given Tootsie Rolls in their rations because of the candy's ability to withstand all weather conditions? We had no idea. Without further ado, enjoy learning some tidbits about your favorite sweets!
1) It's believed that the candy bar was invented in England in 1847.
2) Americans buy 600 million pounds of candy every Halloween.
3) Christmas has the biggest candy sales of the year.
4) The largest peanut butter cup ever made weighs 440 pounds!
5) More than 400 million M&M's are produced every day.
6) Candy corn was originally called chicken feed.
7) Snickers is named after a horse.
8) Cotton candy was invented by a dentist.
9) It can take up to 21 days to make a jelly bean.
10) Eating more candy in one sitting causes fewer cavities than spacing it out in the day.
This video was created by Andrew “Oz" Osborne. To see more inspiring and informative videos check out our Infotainment channel on YouTube!