10 Cold Infusions You'll Want To Get Your Lips On This Summer
There are two ways to tell that summer is upon us: the rising temperature and 1000% increase in cold beverage consumption. I still reminisce fondly of coming in from a long day of playing outside to a cool glass of iced tea. That beautiful pitcher filled with what I believed was the sweet nectar of the gods was the perfect way to say goodnight to the day. However, as good as my mom's home-made tea was, I needed more variety. I had what I think everyone would agree was an abnormally refined pallet. Here are 9 delectable drinks you should treat your OWN pallet to, you beverage connoisseur, you.
1. Arnold Palmer. Starting the countdown is this classic tea/lemon hybrid. Not only was Palmer good at golf, he was a genius combining something sort of sweet with something not so sweet. Learn how to do it yourself!
If you wanna spice it up, add Absolut Vodka, Jim Beam Honey Bourbon, Makers Mark.
2. Honey Limeade (Honey, Lime Juice). Second on the list will give the Arnold Palmer a run for its money in the sweet/tart department. Down one of these after being in the sun, or sip it outside while your get your tan on. Either way, you've got to try it.
If you wanna spice it up, add Bacardi Limon Rum, Grey Goose Vodka.
3. Boston Iced Tea. Insert clever Boston Tea Party commentary here. Get the recipe over here.
If you wanna spice it up, add Bombay Gin.
4. Watermelon slush. Why buy a slurpee at 7/11 when you can make this slushy everyday? That’s right, I said everyday.
If you wanna spice it up, add Bacardi Dragonberry Rum.
5. Strawberry Iced Tea. Fun Fact #1: This drink is delicious. Fun Fact #2: If you don’t try this drink, you will regret it for all of eternity.
If you wanna spice it up, add Limoncello.
6. June Bug. Ginger ale, sherbet and grenadine? I’d do anything to have one of these right now. Especially since it's... June, and all.
If you wanna spice it up add Midori Melon Liquor, Malibu Coconut Rum.
7. Mango Peach Smoothie. Every summer needs a little peaches and cream. Get some of your own.
If you wanna spice it up add Bacardi Peach Red Rum, or any white rum.
8. Watermelon Lemonade. Okay, now I'm really thirsty. Just look at that! That's just not fair to other drinks. Get the recipe here.
If you wanna spice it up, add Grey Goose.
9. Lemon Berry Slushy. Some might say, “That’s too much goodness for one drink!” To which I would respond with a resounding, "NAY, FOOL." Make it and see for yourself!
If you wanna spice it up, add Grey Goose Cherry Noir.
10. Cherry Limeade. You can get these from Applebee's, and they're actually good from there. Can you imagine how much better they taste when you perfect it at home?
If you wanna spice it up, add Tequila. Any kind will do.